- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and every is called to discipleship.
- Kids' Church and Youth Ministry
- September 6 & 13 · Sunday
Registration forms will be available in Memorial Hall after worship on Sept 6 & 13. If you miss the registration dates, please head downstairs with your children and youth and ask the leaders for a form.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Begins Sept 8 · Tuesday
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch on Tuesdays to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. This is an informal gathering of people. At 12:10 we will begin with prayer. We will read the scripture passage out loud, then we will take some time to write, or sit and reflect on the words of the scripture. After about 10-15 minutes in silence we will have a conversation about what the scriptures were stirring in you on that day. You do not need to be a Biblical Scholar. God speaks to each of us through the scriptures and it is always wonderful to hear the diversity of messages that are received.
Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
- Scripture Readers Workshop
- Sept 12 · Saturday · 10:00 am
For current scripture readers, wannabe scripture readers, announcement makers, and anyone else who wants to deliver their spoken message better!
Registration sheet is posted in Memorial Hall for those that are interested in attending this free workshop.
- Blessing of the Backpacks
- Sept 13 · Sunday
Children, youth and adults who will be attending school, or University this year are invited to bring their backpacks computer bags or laptops to have them blessed during worship.
- Free Yoga Class!
- Beginning Sept 8 · Every Tuesday · 10:00 am to 11:00 am
This gentle Hatha yoga class is graciously offered free of charge by the instructor. The classes are open to the community.
Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Dance Group
- Beginning Sept 14 · Monday · 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
This is an open invitation for women and men of Robertson-Wesley to join in the Club room to share, to pray and to dance. The group meets every other Monday.
For more information email: email@example.com.
- Silent Knitting Circle
- Beginning Sept 14 · Monday nights · 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Carve out some quiet, reflective time for yourself this fall! Knitters, crocheters, and fibre folk of all kinds are invited to meet in the Sanctuary for an hour of intentional silence while crafting together. A perfect opportunity to work on a prayer shawl, or any other meditative project you have on the go.
No registration necessary, feel free to drop in for as many sessions as you like. Contact Kalea Turner-Beckman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Bible 202: Isaiah
Prophet of Justice and Peace
- Beginning Oct 14 · Wed · 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the Old Testament Prophets in general and Isaiah in particular.
For full details visit the Bible Study webpage
- Robertson-Wesley in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- The Big Apple!
- Incredible news to announce! The R-W Choir, along with the Knox-Metropolitan Choir has been invited to sing in Carnegie Hall in New York City - in June 2016!
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Presbytery Matters
- The June issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.