- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Community Dinner
- Saturday · Oct 14 · 5:00 pm
Every month a group of dedicated volunteers prepare a free dinner for the community.
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Every Wednesday
To receive a food hamper from Edmonton's Food Bank, phone 780-488-3595 Wedensday morning between 8:30 and 10 am. Pick up is in the afternoon. For more information contact the Food Bank directly.
- Ribbon Cutting and BBQ
- Sunday · Sept 24 · after worship
MLA David Shepherd will be joining us for the ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of our new elevator at Robertson-Wesley United Church which was made possible because of the CFEP Grant that we received. Join us for a free BBQ in celebration where we will be serving smokies and lemonade to the community.
- Sunday · Sept 24 · 5:30 pm, Memorial hall
Koinonia is a worship group that meets once a month for food, fellowship and an alternative worship service. Open to the community. No cost. For more information visit the Koinonia web page.
- Art Studio
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesdays · 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Open to the community. No cost. For more information visit the Spirited Art Studio web page.
- Messy Wednesdays
- Wednesday · Sept 27 · 5:00 pm
Families with children gather for dinner, activities and discussion. The families gather to eat a meal together at no cost to the family, which is served around 5:45pm.
Full details and schedule can be found on our Messy Wednesday page.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Book Buddies
- Book Buddies will start the season (September 23) with Nancy J. Turner's Earth's Blanket.
Copies of the book are available through the church office during regular office hours. $25.00 each.
- Meditation Group
- Sundays, 10:00 am to 10:25 am · Room 11.
Meditation has been important in many spiritual traditions through the centuries. If you are a committed meditator or would like to learn how to meditate, come Sunday mornings before the service at 10:00 am for a group meditation session. See for yourself how this technique can improve your health - mind, body and soul.
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Roberston-Wesley in the News
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
Tuning up for the sesquicentennial
- The Beaumont News (2017 June 02)
Beaumont Society for the Arts hosting free choir and handbell concert
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents Eternal Light in Review
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.