- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Blessing of the Backpacks
- 2014 Sep 07, Sunday Service Children, youth and adults who will be attending school, or University this year are invited to bring their backpacks computer bags or laptops to have them blessed during worship. This is a ritual that was started a couple years ago to remind everyone that they are not alone and that God is with them always encouraging them to learn and become the people God wants them to be. It also give the congregation the opportunity to publicly proclaim their support, encouragement and commitment on their journey of life.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
Laura is offering two forms of therapy this season. One on one sessions (available now!) and group therapy led by Laura.
Group therapy is an 8 week program every Monday and begins Monday, September 15 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at R-W. Pre-registration through Laura is required.
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Free Yoga and Exercise Class
- Yoga · Every Tuesday beginning Sep 9 · 10:00 am to 11:00 am -- This gentle Hatha yoga class allows people of all ages and body types to develop strength, flexibility and relaxation skills.
Exercise · Every Thursday beginning Sep 11 · 10:00 - 11:00 am -- This circuit exercise class offers cardio and weight training in a "work at your own pace"
Register soon as class size is limited. To register email us at email@example.com or call 780-482-1587
- Pedals, Pipes and Pizza!
- 2014 Sep 28
Sunday, 1:30 to 5:30 pm
Robertson-Wesley United Church
Parents are welcome to stay for the afternoon.
Join us during Alberta Culture Days for a fun-filled afternoon focused on learning about the pipe organ! Students age 7 and up are welcome to attend this free event at R-W
This interactive afternoon is designed as an introduction to the pipe organ, with demonstrations and explanations of the instrument as well as chances for the students to try the organ themselves. Bring a few musical pieces to try on the organ, but no prior experience is necessary.
Registration is free and the afternoon will be followed by some delicious pizza and take-home information about the organ, as well as a special offer on tickets to an upcoming organ concert.
The event is co-sponsored by the Robertson-Wesley Music Society and the Royal Canadian College of Organists.
If you have any questions, please contact: Tammy-Jo Mortensen at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-482-1587.
Click here to register.
- Bible Study: In the Beginning
The Book of Genesis
- 2014 Oct 15 to Nov 19
6 Wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Leader: Rev Jim Allan
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the Old Testament and to people throughout the centuries who have listened deeply to these ancient texts and drawn endlessly on their wisdom for the living of our days.
For more information on the course, please see Bible 201: Genesis or contact Jim Allan by email: email@example.com or phone the office at 780-482-1587
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- Anniversary Service
- 2014 Jan 26, Sunday · Over 350 people came to worship with us on Sunday. A video of the service with guest preacher the Right Rev. Gary Paterson, can be found on our blog R-W Sermons
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.