- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and every is called to discipleship.
- Open Art Studio
- Tuesdays 1-3 pm · Wednesdays noon-2 pm · Saturdays 4-6 pm
The Open Art Studio will be a set time where people can come work on their solo or group based visual art. Laura Foster will be facilitating the space, ensuring people are supported in their art work.
For full details visit the Arts Collective webpage
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Art Collective
Human Rights are Universal
- Sundays · 3pm - 5 pm · begins Oct 18
Michael Gfroerer will facilitate an open collective through a musical exploration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There is no cost, registration is required.
For full details and to register visit the Fall Arts Collective webpage
- Bible 202: Isaiah
Prophet of Justice and Peace
- Beginning Oct 14 · Wed · 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the Old Testament Prophets in general and Isaiah in particular.
For full details visit the Bible Study webpage
- Town Hall Dance
- Oct 24 · Sat · 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Robertson-Wesley · Memorial Hall
When was the last time you tangoed with your toddler? Got down with your grandma? Macarena'd with your minister? Danced with the youth or adults? Let's get together and DANCE! Open to all.
- Yoga Class!
- Every Tuesday · 10:00 am to 11:00 am
This gentle Hatha yoga class is graciously offered free of charge by the instructor. The classes are open to the community.
- Dance Group
- Monday · 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
This is an open invitation for women and men of Robertson-Wesley to join in the Club room to share, to pray and to dance. The group meets every other Monday.
For more information email: email@example.com.
- Silent Knitting Circle
- Monday nights · 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Carve out some quiet, reflective time for yourself this fall! Knitters, crocheters, and fibre folk of all kinds are invited to meet in the Sanctuary for an hour of intentional silence while crafting together. A perfect opportunity to work on a prayer shawl, or any other meditative project you have on the go.
No registration necessary, feel free to drop in for as many sessions as you like. Contact Kalea Turner-Beckman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Rudolph Resale
Just in time for Christmas Shopping!
- Nov 28 · Saturday · 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Memorial Hall will be filled with lots of bargains for Christmas. Visit us to find one of a kind Christmas items, gifts, crafts, preserves and baking and other treasures.
For more information, please see Rummage Sale web page.
- Robertson-Wesley in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- The Big Apple!
- Incredible news to announce! The R-W Choir, along with the Knox-Metropolitan Choir has been invited to sing in Carnegie Hall in New York City - in June 2016!
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Presbytery Matters
- The June issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.