- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Spirited Art Studio
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 am
Now open to the community beginning again. No cost. For more information visit the Spirited Art Studio web page.
- Messy Wednesday
- 2016 Sept 28 Wednesday 5:00 pm
Messy Wednesday is a program for young families to come together over a meal and play, converse and work together. We typically meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month between 5-7 pm. This is open to families both within and outside the congregation
For more information visit the Messy Wednesday webpage.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Spiritual Formation Pod Gathering
- 2016 Oct 1 Saturday · 9:30 am
What is the spirit part of "spiritual formation"? What does spiritual formation look like at R-W? Does it only happen on Sunday morning? Are you involved in spiritual formation at R-W? What nourishes your spirit, your soul? What makes your spirit dance or shout with joy? How do you celebrate the sacred? So many questions!
Whether you have answers or deeper questions come and enliven the conversation. Join us Saturday at 9:30 for coffee, cookies and conversation.
- Concert in a Day
- 2016 Oct 1 Saturday · 9:00 am
A one day community choral retreat for singers of all levels. In support of Edmonton Food Bank and E4C.
For full details visit the concert webpage
- Moms and Dads Group
- 2016 Oct 6 Thursday · 9:30 am, Club Room
Twice a month on a Monday morning, Moms, Dads and their babies and toddlers are invited to gather in the Clubroom on the main floor of the church.
This is an informal group where we gather to talk about the joys and pains of parenthood. It is also a chance to have some adult conversation, and for your babies and toddlers to socialize.
Don't worry if you are a bit late and it is okay if you have to leave early. Feel free to bring your friends and invite other Moms or Dads. This is an open group.
- God on Tap
- 2016 Oct 11 Tuesday · 7 pm - 9 pm
Young adults ages 18-45ish are invited to join Herman and Karen for some spiritual discussion over pints or beverages. We will meet at the Bru Coffee and Beer House (11965 Jasper Ave - Pearl Tower.)
Your friends are welcome to come.
- R-W Men's Group
- 2016 Oct 12 Wednesday · 9:30 am
Sandi Darrell presenting her 'Parliment of World Religions' symposium in Salt Lake City.
- Art Therapy
- Cheryl Horn is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Cheryl, contact via email: email@example.com or phone 780-240-4675. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Yoga Class (full)
- Every Tuesday · 10:00 am to 11:05 am
This gentle Hatha Yoga class is graciously offered free of charge by the instructor. The class is currently full.
- Carnegie Hall, New York
- Distinguished Concerts International New York presents Eternal Light in Review
This is a review of the concert on 2016 June 12 in which our choir participated along with several others.
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Presbytery Matters
- The June issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.