- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Robertson-Wesley e-News
- Our e-mail newsletter will change from being issued 12 times per year to 10 time per year. So, instead of coming out every month, it will be every 5 weeks from September to June, and 6 weeks in the summer. The next issue will be 2014 Dec 10. For future dates, please see the e-News, Current issue.
- Budget Information Session
- 2015 Feb 08, Sunday
This Information Session will be held in Memorial Hall after the service.
- Annual Congregational Meeting
- 2015 Feb 22, Sunday
The Annual General Meeting of the Robertson-Wesley congregation will take place in Memorial Hall after the service. Printed copies of the Annual Report will be available on Feb 1, 2015.
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- Winter Spiritual Arts Collective
- 2015 Jan 24 - March 14, Saturdays, 9:30 am, Room 11
The workshops will feature meditation sessions and mbira skill building. Participants will reflect upon their experiences. The secular meditation will be led by the artist and be based on either a collective offering or on the participants individual choosing. Then participants will learn how to play the mbira together.
Visit the Arts Collective web page for full details and to register for this collective.
- Surf, Sand, Songs and Supper Dinner Cabaret
- 2015 Jan 31, Saturday
The choir of Robertson-Wesley is providing you with a passport to the tropics including a feast fit for the finest luau, tropical tunes, sounds of ukeleles, prizes, games and more. Guest stars, The Tsunami Brothers, will be bringing their 4-piece retro band to entertain you with popular surf music.
Tickets are sold out!!
Visit the concert web page for more information on our music programs and concerts.
- Delta Kappa Gamma
- 2015 Feb 7, Saturday, 10:00 am
DKG, a Women Educators' Society composed mainly of R-W members, invites you to its 5th annual author's brunch in the Memorial Hall.
Edmonton author Marty Chan will speak of his many publications including the hit play "Mom, Dad, I'm Living with a White Girl."
Cost: $20.00. For tickets see Lorna Berlinguette or Jill Lambie
- Free Yoga and Exercise Class
- Yoga · Every Tuesday beginning Jan 13 · 10:00 am to 11:00 am -- This gentle Hatha yoga class allows people of all ages and body types to develop strength, flexibility and relaxation skills.
Exercise · Every Thursday beginning Jan 15 · 10:00 - 11:00 am -- This circuit exercise class offers cardio and weight training in a "work at your own pace" Both classes are graciously offered free of charge by the instructors. The classes are open to the community.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- R-W in the News
- Calgary Metro News(2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.