- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Robertson-Wesley e-News
- Our e-mail newsletter will change from being issued 12 times per year to 10 time per year. So, instead of coming out every month, it will be every 5 weeks from September to June, and 6 weeks in the summer. The next issue will be 2015 Mar 18. For future dates, please see the e-News, Current issue.
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- World Day of Prayer / 2015 / Journée mondiale de la Prière
- 2015 Mar 6 at 12:00 pm
Refreshments and fellowship to follow
Location: Robertson-Wesley Sanctuary
Come celebrate with the women of The Bahamas who have designed the service for the World Day of Prayer this year.
The World Day of Prayer is a worldwide movement of Christian women of many traditions who come together on the first Friday in March each year to observe a common day of prayer. Through World Day of Prayer, women affirm their faith in Jesus and engage with the whole world; are enriched by the faith experience of Christians of other countries and cultures; share burdens of other people, praying with them and for them; and use their own talents in the service of God's world. Prayer and action are inseparable and both have immeasurable influence in the world.
The World Day of Prayer is coordinated by Women's Inter-Church Council of Canada and hosted by local groups.
For more information contact Margery at email@example.com
- Theological Book Club
- 2015 Mar 7 Saturday 9:30 am
Location: Robertson-Wesley Club Room
The Great Partnership - Science, Religion and the Search for Meaning by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks. Jonathan Sacks is the former Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the UK and the Commonwealth. He sees himself as someone who deepens the conversation between Torah and the wisdom of the world. (Is that not what Jesus did?)
Register to attend this meet up on the sign-up sheet posted in Memorial Hall or email the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Church Women- Speaker meeting
- 2015 Mar 10 Tuesday 1:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Memorial Hall
Marg May will take us on a northern adventure. Marg was sponsored and supported by Robertson United Church in her teaching adventure at Norway House, a Cree Indian Reserve in Northern Manitoba.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
- St. Patrick's Dinner
- 2015 Mar 21 5:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Memorial Hall
Come join us for an evening of good food and good company. This annual fundraiser is popular with guests who come to enjoy home-made buns and the beef and lamb stew.
Tickets available through the office or after church on any Sunday. Tickets will also be available at the door. Adults $20 each or two for $35. Children under 12 $5 each.
- Free Yoga and Exercise Class
- Yoga · Every Tuesday · 10:00 am to 11:00 am -- This gentle Hatha yoga class allows people of all ages and body types to develop strength, flexibility and relaxation skills.
Exercise · Every Thursday · 10:00 - 11:00 am -- This circuit exercise class offers cardio and weight training in a "work at your own pace" Both classes are graciously offered free of charge by the instructors. The classes are open to the community.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- R-W in the News
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.