- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Book Buddies
- Monday · Feb 27 · 7:00 pm
Book Buddies starts the year with Walter Brueggemann's Sabbath as Resistance; Saying No to the Culture of Now.
Everyone is welcome to join the discussion on Monday evening.
- Pancake Supper
- Tuesday · Feb 28 · 5:30 pm
On Shrove Tuesday, Robertson-Wesley United Church, will be having their annual Pancake Supper from 5:30 to 7:00 pm.
Adults - $8.00
Children (12 & under) - $5.00
Family of 4 - $18.00
- Membership Class
- 5 Wednesdays · Mar 1 to March 29 · 7:00-8:30 pm
This five-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore their faith, whether they have been confirmed or not
Register through Rev. Karen Bridges or through the church office.
Full details can be found on our Membership Class at Robertson-Wesley.
- Ash Wednesday
- Wednesday · Mar 01 · 7:00 pm
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent. Please join us for a time of reflection, worship and ritual.
Full details are on our Easter page.
- DVD Series
- Saturday · Mar 5 · 9:30 am
The DVD series Countering Pharaoh's Productios- Consumption Society Today will be shown on Saturday in Room 11. Refreshments will be provided.
A sign up sheet is posted in Memorial Hall if you are interested in attending. Or register with the Church office.
- Arts Collective:
Growing: Roots to Shoots with Devika Short
- 2017 March 5 - April 9
Sundays 1-3:00 pm
This collective aims to examine our growing process beginning with germination. Through weekly journaling, painting and reflection of our individual growth our collective’s blossoming project will be showcased on a painted canvas.
Registration link and full details are on the Arts Collective web page.
- Parking Feasibility Survey
- The R-W Board and Property Committee are looking at the future of Robertson-Wesley in the midst of a rapidly changing neighbourhood we are asking for your feedback. The survey can be found by clicking here. It is also embedded on this page.
- Art Therapy
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Roberston-Wesley in the News
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents Eternal Light in Review
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.