- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Bible Study: In the Beginning
The Book of Genesis
- 2014 Oct 15 to Nov 19
6 Wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Leader: Rev Jim Allan
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the Old Testament and to people throughout the centuries who have listened deeply to these ancient texts and drawn endlessly on their wisdom for the living of our days.
For more information on the course, please see Bible 201: Genesis or contact Jim Allan by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the office at 780-482-1587
- Speaker Meeting with Kathryn Hofley
- 2014 Oct 30, Thursday at 1:30 pm
The United Church Women is sponsoring Kathryn Hofley, the United Church Representative for the prairies to speak on Legacy Planning.
In a low key information session, Kathryn will describe various investment options which save you money now and/or in the future, helping you and the United Church.
Everyone is welcome to attend this free speaker meeting. Tea and snacks provided. Register to attend through the office via email at email@example.com
- Spiritual Formation Pod
- 2014 Nov 4, Tues, 7:00 pm, R-W Rm 11
This meeting is to help plan further development in two areas of our congregation's life:
1.Our church library- How do we use our church library to cultivate spiritual formation as we share the faith journey together?
2. Volunteer pastoral care- How do enable people to care for one another, intentionally and with integrity, as we face life's challenges?
Anyone who is interested is these areas is welcome to participate.
- Messy Wednesday!
- Every second and fourth Wednesday of every month at 5:00 pm families from R-W meet to share a warm meal that is specially made together in the R-W kitchen.
This meal has become a highlight of the week for many children attending. Grandparents are welcome and encouraged to bring their Grandchildren to Messy Wednesday's too!
November dates are Nov 12 and Nov 26.
- Men's Group- Lois Hole Library Tour
- 2014 Nov 12, Wednesday
Tour includes a video and walking tour. The estimated time is 1 to 2 hours. After Library Visit attendees may break up into groups for a lunch if desired.
The group will meet at the Lois Hole Library (17650-69 avenue NW, Edmonton) at 9:30 am.
Contact Louis Berlinguette at 780-444-0532 for more information and to register.
- The Power of Music
- Come experience it on November 23, 2014 at 2:00 pm. The Edmonton School Boys' Alumni Band will perform at Robertson-Wesley.
The band consists of 60 members with all but two being senior citizens. It is one of Edmonton's premier concert community bands.
The cost is $15 per person with proceeds split between the band and Robertson-Wesley United Church.
Ticket available after church on November 9th ,16th and 23rd.
- Annual Art & Jewellery Sale
- November 29, Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Once again we will be holding an ART SALE - art defined by the beholder! Paintings, sculpture, sketches, and posters. This year we have included jewelry. Come browse through the art, buy or join us for coffee and homemade treats. We would be pleased to accept donations of art.
If your art piece sells the money is donated to the Robertson-Wesley building fund.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
Laura is offering two forms of therapy this season. One on one sessions (available now!) and group therapy led by Laura.
Group therapy is an 8 week program every Monday and will begin again in January 2015. Pre-registration through Laura is required.
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- Anniversary Service
- 2014 Jan 26, Sunday · Over 350 people came to worship with us on Sunday. A video of the service with guest preacher the Right Rev. Gary Paterson, can be found on our blog R-W Sermons
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.