- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Annual Art & Jewellery Sale
- November 29, Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Once again we will be holding an ART SALE - art defined by the beholder! Paintings, sculpture, sketches, and posters. This year we have included jewelry. Come browse through the art, buy or join us for coffee and homemade treats. We would be pleased to accept donations of art.
If your art piece sells the money is donated to the Robertson-Wesley building fund.
- Robertson-Wesley e-News
- Our e-mail newsletter will change from being issued 12 times per year to 10 time per year. So, instead of coming out every month, it will be every 5 weeks from September to June, and 6 weeks in the summer. The next issue will be 2014 Dec 10. For future dates, please see the e-News, Current issue.
- Moms and Dads Group
- 2014 Dev 8, Mon, 9:30 am, Club Room
Twice a month on a Monday morning, Moms, Dads and their babies and toddlers are invited to gather in the Clubroom on the main floor of the church.
This is an informal group where we gather to talk about the joys and pains of parenthood. It is also a chance to have some adult conversation, and for your babies and toddlers to socialize.
Don't worry if you are a bit late and it is okay if you have to leave early we totally understand the reality of being a parent. Feel free to bring your friends and invite other Moms or Dads. This is an open group.
- Messy Wednesday!
- Every second and fourth Wednesday of every month at 5:00 pm families from R-W meet to share a warm meal that is specially made together in the R-W kitchen.
This meal has become a highlight of the week for many children attending. Grandparents are welcome and encouraged to bring their Grandchildren to Messy Wednesday's too!
Upcoming dates are Nov 26 and Dec 10.
- Women's Weekend Carol Sing
- December 20, Saturday, 1:00 pm
Join the Women's weekend troupe in Memorial Hall on Saturday afternoon for a joyful afternoon of fellowship and music! There will be plenty of delicious refreshments and snacks to carry us through the afternoon. We may even be able to take requests for your favourite carols and Christmas songs.
All are welcome!
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
Laura is offering two forms of therapy this season. One on one sessions (available now!) and group therapy led by Laura.
Group therapy is an 8 week program every Monday and will begin again in January 2015. Pre-registration through Laura is required.
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.