- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- The Oliver Community Festival
- Sat May 28, 11 am - 3:00 pm
The Oliver Community Festival is a great day of fun and getting to know our neighbours.
For more information about the festival with full updates on activities visit the Oliver Community Festival web page.
- Handbell Concert
- Sun May 29, 11:30 am
The Robertson-Wesley Ringers handbell choir will play a concert of varied repertoire on Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:30 am at Robertson-Wesley. The concert will feature several instrumentalists, as well as guest conductor, Stuart Sladden. This concert is the final performance of the season, in preparation for their trip to Vancouver to attend the International Handbell Symposium.
Admission by donation.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Dive Into Pride
- The 36th Annual Festival is June 3-12, 2016.
There are too many activities to list here so we refer you to the Edmonton Pride Festival webpage. A highlight for Robertson-Wesley is the Pride Parade. The parade is Saturday, June 4 at 11:00 am and begins on Whyte Ave and 108 Street.
- Assistance for Fort McMurray
- The news of the wildfires at Fort McMurray and the evacuation of the city's 83,000 people has sparked concern and compassion among many, many people. Thank you for all of your messages of concern and your continued prayers for the Fort McMurray people.
Alberta and Northwest Conference is receiving donations to assist.
Donations can be made online at: ANCW website or by cheque to: Alberta and Northwest Conference and mailed to the Conference office at 9911-48 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 5V6. Please note that donation is for Fort McMurray
- Community Dinner
- Every second Saturday of the month a group of dedicated volunteers prepare a hot meal for the community. The dinner is at 5:00 pm. There is no cost to attend. Next Community Dinner is Saturday, June 11 .
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Presbytery Matters
- The April issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.