- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- Robertson-Wesley e-News
- Our e-mail newsletter will change from being issued 12 times per year to 10 time per year. So, instead of coming out every month, it will be every 5 weeks from September to June, and 6 weeks in the summer. The next issue will be 2014 Dec 10. For future dates, please see the e-News, Current issue.
- Women's Weekend Carol Sing
- 2014 Dec 20, Saturday, 1:00 pm
Join the Women's weekend troupe in Memorial Hall on Saturday afternoon for a joyful afternoon of fellowship and music! There will be plenty of delicious refreshments and snacks to carry us through the afternoon. We may even be able to take requests for your favourite carols and Christmas songs.
All are welcome!
- Moms and Dads Group
- 2014 Dec 22, Mon, 9:30 am, Club Room
Twice a month on a Monday morning, Moms, Dads and their babies and toddlers are invited to gather in the Clubroom on the main floor of the church.
This is an informal group where we gather to talk about the joys and pains of parenthood. It is also a chance to have some adult conversation, and for your babies and toddlers to socialize.
Don't worry if you are a bit late and it is okay if you have to leave early we totally understand the reality of being a parent. Feel free to bring your friends and invite other Moms or Dads. This is an open group.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
Laura is offering two forms of therapy this season. One on one sessions (available now!) and group therapy led by Laura.
Group therapy is an 8 week program every Monday and will begin on January 12, 2015. Pre-registration through Laura is required.
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Free Yoga and Exercise Class
- Yoga · Every Tuesday beginning Jan 13 · 10:00 am to 11:00 am -- This gentle Hatha yoga class allows people of all ages and body types to develop strength, flexibility and relaxation skills.
Exercise · Every Thursday beginning Jan 15 · 10:00 - 11:00 am -- This circuit exercise class offers cardio and weight training in a "work at your own pace"
- Healing Grief
- 2014 Jan 20, Tuesday, 1:00 pm
Our church library has received several wonderful books that are resources for helping people deal with grief. The books have been donated by June McConaghy and Colleen Ouellette. We want to give people a chance to hear about what these books have to offer, so Rev. Jim Allan will be leading a gathering in January, called "Healing Grief," when Colleen and June will talk about the books they have donated.
Anyone who is interested in resources for dealing with grief is welcome to attend.
- Winter Spiritual Arts Collective
- 2015 Jan 24 - March 14, Saturdays, 9:30 am, Room 11
The workshops will feature meditation sessions and mbira skill building. Participants will reflect upon their experiences. The secular meditation will be led by the artist and be based on either a collective offering or on the participants individual choosing. Then participants will learn how to play the mbira together.
Visit the Arts Collective web page for full details and to register for this collective.
- Surf, Sand, Songs and Supper Dinner Cabaret
- 2015 Jan 31, Saturday
The choir of Robertson-Wesley is providing you with a passport to the tropics including a feast fit for the finest luau, tropical tunes, sounds of ukeleles, prizes, games and more. Guest stars, The Tsunami Brothers, will be bringing their 4-piece retro band to entertain you with popular surf music.
We'll be selling tickets following service on Sun. Dec 21, in case you're looking for a stocking stuffer, and then again on Jan. 11, 18 & 25. Early Bird: $25/ticket on or prior to January 18. $30 after this date.
Visit the concert web page for more information on our music programs and concerts.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.