Our Church Library
Robertson-Wesley's library is back in action. We have three distinct collections in our library: the general collection, the children's collection and our newest collection, the Ruth and Frank Henderson Hymnal Collection. The general collection (Robertson-Wesley Church Library) and the Henderson collection are located in Room 10, while the children's books are located in the Kids' Church room (Room 3, the "Air Room").
Once per month, the library team will select particular books from the collection for display in Memorial Hall. Any books not signed out over coffee will remain available in the Club Room for the month. Book lovers are also welcome to visit the complete collection any Sunday after the service.
To join the library team, please call the church office.
Searching the collection
The entire collection is being catalogued here at LibraryThing.com, which allows the public to search our collections by title or keyword. For a step-by-step guide to using LibraryThing to find our collections, see below.
Donations to the library
Due to space constraints, we have certain criteria for new donations to the library. The general guidelines can be found here: (list of criteria coming soon). Anyone who would like to make a donation but is uncertain about whether it fits the guidelines can contact the library team or the Rev. Jim Allan. We also have a list of titles we would like to add to our collections. Any items from our wishlist (coming soon) are warmly received.
LibraryThing Step-by-Step Instructions
Our collections can be found at https://www.librarything.com/profile/rwuc
If not using the links above, finding our collection gets a bit more complicated.
The primary search function of LibraryThing is designed to search titles rather than collections, so there are 4 steps to finding our specific collections on the site!
- Go to www.librarything.com
- Type "rwuc" in the "search site" bar in the top right-hand corner, then Enter or click on the magnifying glass icon within the search bar. The search will turn up 0 results, but fear not! There is, in fact, a RWUC collection, and you are moments from finding it!
- The 0 results page will give you further searching parameters. On the left-hand menu, under the bold heading "Social" is the word "Members". Click on "Members".
- Your result will turn up 1 glorious result, which will appear between two horizontal lines. The tiny printed "rwuc" will lead you to our collections which are:
- the Robertson-Wesley Church Library, and
- the Ruth and Frank Henderson Hymnal Collection
After you've found the RWUC collections:
When searching within our collection, a title or keyword search using the search bar in the pink box below the banner heading will limit your search to our collections, rather than to all of LibraryThing! In other words, avoid the "search site" bar at the very top once you've found our collection.
A drop-down menu is available to select which collection you want to search, or else use the default "all collections".
If you prefer to browse around in one entire collection or another, simply click on the collection of your choosing at the top of the results page from Step 4.