Scotia Bell Digital Carillon
At the 2015 October meeting, the Church Board decided to replace the miniature bell system with a digital carillon bell system. After considerable research, we have chosen the Scotia Bell 64-bell system.
This will give us an initial library of 100 songs, but being a digital system, we will be able to add to the collection and we will have full versatility for scheduling the system to play automatically.
The previous carillon at Robertson-Wesley was a gift from the Wolfe family in memory of F.J. (Frank) Wolfe (1887–1961) and was dedicated February, 1961. Frank Wolfe was the founder of Edmonton Motors.
After 55 years of continuous use, the Schulmerich carillon was worn out, and we could no longer rely on replacement parts. Through the generosity of the congregation and the Wolfe family, the new Scotia Bell digital carillon has been purchased and is installed.